Numerology Store    Download  Video    Forum

Go Back   Five12.net -- Online Forum for the Numerology Music Sequencer > Five12 > Five12 News

Old 03-01-2018, 12:37 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loopy C View Post
FWIW, I too have this behavior WITH PARTICULAR PLUG-INS ONLY (Kontakt 5.6.8 and 'Gullfoss' to name two). I have been told by at least one developer it has to do with this:

"...it currently seems that both are not our fault. Apparently these two hosts don't wait for plugins to fully deinitialize but instead just kill threads when they want to quit."

Perhaps that is meaningful to Jim?
Yes, definitely useful!

Jim
Old 03-31-2018, 04:46 PM

Hi Jim - Just did an install pro build 178 due to some issues with launching numerology.

Issue #1 Numerology on every startup caused OS to ask question: Numerology wants to make a change...enter password.
Issue #2 Numerology "crashes" after about 20mins of use. Not sure if crash is the right description as the GUI is responsive but can't start sequence or edit Expert sleepers silentway. The save project dialog appeared to work but nothing got saved.

So I've tried to remove all and do a clean install but I'm now in the spot where it says I have exceeded my activations.

Can I ask for two things:
#1 what is the correct way to clean down Numerology and do a complete fresh reinstall.
#2 How do I get a new activation code?

This is on Mac High Sierra 10.13.3

Edit: - I think I have found the correct process for question #2 by using no internet Activation - email sent with attached txt file. But I still want to know how to do a clean install.

Thanks in advance

Last edited by BMG; 04-01-2018 at 02:09 AM.
Old 04-01-2018, 10:48 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMG View Post
Issue #1 Numerology on every startup caused OS to ask question: Numerology wants to make a change...enter password.
This is a minor (and harmless) bug — will be fixed in the next build.

Quote:
Issue #2 Numerology "crashes" after about 20mins of use. Not sure if crash is the right description as the GUI is responsive but can't start sequence or edit Expert sleepers silentway. The save project dialog appeared to work but nothing got saved.
If it happens again, do this:
- Start /Applications/Utilities/Activity Monitor
- Find Numerology in the list of apps, select it, then pick “Sample Process” from the action menu.
- Email me the full results of that report.

Quote:
Can I ask for two things:
#1 what is the correct way to clean down Numerology and do a complete fresh reinstall.
To remove everything before a re-install:
- Delete /Applications/Numerology.app
(also delete any other copies of the app you may have elsewhere — Desktop, etc).

- Rename the folder: ~/Music/Five12 to something else.
In addition to various support files, that folder may contain saved projects and stacks you’ve made, so I don’t recommend deleting it.

- Delete prefs:
~/Library/Preferences/com.five12.Numerology4.plist
(Option-click the ‘Go’ menu in Finder to see the Library dir)

- Delete the plugins and ReWire driver
/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST/NumerologyVST.vst
/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components/NumerologyAU.component
/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components/NumerologyAUMX.component
/Library/Application Support/Propellerhead Software/ReWire/NumerologyReWireDevice.plugin

Quote:
#2 How do I get a new activation code?
Email me! (For anyone else reading: Send an email to info (at) five12 (dot) com, include your
full name and serial number — makes it easier for me to look things up.)

Cheers,
Jim
Old 04-16-2018, 02:28 AM

Jim
Thanks. Does this fix the VST plugin latency issue where the sequence steps won't line up with the beats/bpm of the project (cubase here)?
Old 04-30-2018, 08:49 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by EndlesTweakin View Post
Jim
Thanks. Does this fix the VST plugin latency issue where the sequence steps won't line up with the beats/bpm of the project (cubase here)?
Not yet -- but I just gave that issue a big bump to make sure I look at it next.

Jim
Old 05-01-2018, 06:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim View Post
Not yet -- but I just gave that issue a big bump to make sure I look at it next.

Jim
Jim , if it helps I solved this problem within Cubase, by turning off ASIO guard latency compensation on the instruments which I want to record a sequence with Numerology as the source. Now the sequence notes line up quantized, perfectly...although it still sometimes misses the very first note, by that's no big deal.