Numerology Store    Download  Video    Forum

Go Back   Five12.net -- Online Forum for the Numerology Music Sequencer > Numerology > General Questions

Old 06-08-2010, 05:02 PM

Question Vermona DRM1 mk3 sequenced by Numerology!!

I got a Launchpad, Numerology and a Vermona DRM1.. Im not an advanced user about MIDI and i need some help!!
Could you help me?

thanks a lot, yorica
Old 06-08-2010, 06:43 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorica View Post
I got a Launchpad, Numerology and a Vermona DRM1.. Im not an advanced user about MIDI and i need some help!!
Could you help me?

thanks a lot, yorica
This should be easy, though you'll need a USB/MIDI interface (I'm assuming the DRM1 has just MIDI in and out). Here are the basic instructions, if you need more detail, email me directly (jim at five12 dot com).

- Plug the Launchpad into your Mac.

- Plug the MIDI interface into the Mac as well. Using a MIDI cable, connect the MIDI output of the MIDI interface to the DRM1.

- Start Numerology.

- In Numerology's prefs, click the checkbox for "Enable Launchpad Support".

- Add a DrumSeq to the first stack.

- At the bottom of the stack, in the "MIDI Out" menu, you should see your MIDI Interface listed, pick it for the MIDI output of that stack. If it doesn't show up, check to see if you need to install or update the driver for the MIDI interface.

- Check the manual for the DRM1 to find out which notes will trigger drum notes on it. Set each track the DrumSeq to generate those notes. The menus for setting the track notes are just under the track names.

- Program some notes in the DrumSeq and hit play. If you don't hear anything, try shifting the octave for one of the tracks up or down an octave. Sometimes manufacturers use different conventions on how to map note names (like "C3") to MIDI note numbers (like "60").

- For details on how to use the Launchpad with Numerology, watch the tutorial videos, they are all here: http://www.five12.com/t.html
The second one covers stuff specific to the DrumSeq.

Cheers,
Jim
Old 06-20-2010, 06:15 AM

Thanks a lot!! I will try it..