Numerology Store    Download  Video    Forum

Go Back   Five12.net -- Online Forum for the Numerology Music Sequencer > Third Party > Audio Units

Old 02-25-2012, 11:45 AM

Default Arturia Analog Factory

Hi,

I am using the Analog Factory with N3 and was thinking about wether it is possible to fiddle with the controls somehow, while it is playing.

I have a keyboard (the Analog Factory Experience 25 key version) that works all right in the standalone program. However, when I am running the synth through N3 I can not access the knobs in the program and that would be splendid - fiddling with the filter and LFO is sort of the things I am thinking of.

Any ideas as to how I can do that in real time, either with the keyboard or, preferably, with an external controller such as the Korg NanoKontrol.

Cheers,

K
Old 02-25-2012, 01:20 PM

It's pretty easy to set such things up.

I'm assuming the Analog Factory is loaded as a AU in a Numerology stack.

Then I'm assuming you have patched a sequencer midi output into the AU so you can hear it.

Now you need to get a midi sigmal from your controller(S) directly into the Analog Factories midi input. Just choose your keyboard/Korg Nano control, as the midi imput at the top of the stack, and route it to the midi input on Analog Factory AU. You can add extra midi inputs by dragging the midi input module into the stack, found in modules/ Iinput/output if you need to patch in more than one midi controller in a stack.

Now open the AU and alt click on a parameter AU's parameter knob/slider you want to control. Midi learn will come up, adjust the knob and it will be assigned.. alt click and choose midi unlearn to clear settings.

Hope this helped.

Regards

Wade

Last edited by TwoToneshuzz; 02-25-2012 at 01:26 PM.
Old 02-25-2012, 01:54 PM

Thanks! That was fast.

I will try that.

K.

Tags
arturia, nanokontrol