Numerology Store    Download  Video    Forum

Go Back   Five12.net -- Online Forum for the Numerology Music Sequencer > Third Party > Controllers

Old 11-22-2016, 08:46 AM

Unhappy Logic won't let go of nanoKontrol

I have a nanoKontrol2 that I use to control Num5. Works like a charm.

Yesterday I decided to record a thing I have been working on where I use nanoKontrol and hooked everything up and fired up Logic. Logic then promptly discovered nanoKontrol and has assigned it to one of the channel strips with the odd by-effect that when I try to control Num5 with slider 7 or 8 I also control Logic, which is bad.

I have not found a way to getting Logic to forget about nanoKontrol. I see it under Control Surfaces but there is no way that I can delete it. I even tried to remove all com.apple.logic.* files from the ~/Library/Preferences folder, but to no avail.

Anybody who has had this problem and how did you solve it? Right now I am quite at a loss as to how I will be able to record that particular piece as I really want to fiddle with the sliders in real time.

Cheers,

K
Old 12-10-2016, 01:27 PM

Basically I had to admit defeat...

My interim solution was to add yet another audio interface to the setup and use that from the laptop and feed the audio interface on the iMac. A rather cumbersome setup, you'll agree, but it was the best I could come up with.